The easiest way for beginners to learn how to astral project is through regular practice. You must know how to reach a deep state of meditation when astral projecting outside of the sleep mode. You can achieve success with a few easy steps.
Step One: Astral Project Upon Waking
The best time to astral project is when you first awake. Your body is relaxed and still phasing back into the physical state of being. Your body easily continues the restive sleep rhythm that meditation requires.
Step Two: Imagine Slipping Out of Your Body
Once you're in a deep meditative state, it's vital that you keep your mind quiet. You want to visualize your soul (astral body) as a separate body within your physical body.
- Imagine your fingers stretching beyond your physical fingers. Move your astral fingers one at a time.
- Visualize your hand reaching out past your physical hand.
- Continue to stretch your astral fingers and hand.
- Stretch and reach toward an object in the room.
- If sitting, lean your soul body in that direction. If you're lying down, try rolling toward your outstretched hand while keeping your physical body still.
Step Three: Sensations As Your Soul Releases From Your Body
You will possibly feel a tingling sensation along your fingers and hand as your soul (astral body) begins to loosen from your body. An Out of Body Experience (OBE) is preceded by these physical sensations.
- Focus on the sensations coursing through your body,
- Don't allow fear to interrupt the process.
- Relax into the vibrations as they become more intense.
- Take three deep cleansing breaths each time you begin to feel anxious.
- Continue to visualize your soul slipping free.
Step Four: Build Up of Frequencies
The astral energies will grow stronger as you relax into the vibrations of your soul aligning with the frequencies of the astral plane. This is the necessary buildup of energy to boost you from your body. You'll feel this frequency energy coursing through you.
Practice May Be Required to Achieve OBE
This step may require several practices before you can actually separate your soul from your body in an OBE. Keep in mind this is a natural part of sleep, so intentionally initiating astral projection in a meditative state may require conditioning. Don't give up. Just keep practicing until you can reach the next step.
Step Five: Achieving Release of Astral Body (Soul)
Once you achieve the continual buildup of the astral energy within your body, you'll find your body tingles all over. You will become cognizant of your soul (astral body) as a separate body within your physical body.
- If you're in a sitting position, will your soul to rise up into a standing position away from your body and take a step forward.
- If you're lying down, the simplest method is to will your astral body to roll out of your physical body.
- You may hear a preceding popping sound and suddenly find yourself outside your physical body.
- Some people don't hear the pop, while others feel their astral body exit through their third eye.
- Everyone is different, so however your soul slips free is the right way for you.
Step Six: Overcome Your Physical Fear Response
You may experience a sudden rush of fear when you realize you've literally stepped out of your physical body. If this happens, you will most likely find yourself immediately back inside your body.
How to Get Your Body to Release Your Soul
It's okay if this happens the first few times you manage to astral project. With practice comes the conditioning of the physical body that assures it will be just fine whenever it releases the soul.
Step Seven: Take a Moment to Acclimate
Once you've conveyed this message of safety to your body and your physical being has accepted this as a truth, you'll be able to remain outside your body for as long as you desire. Once your soul is free you can:
- Take a moment to acknowledge your astral body is free.
- Allow yourself to recognize the sensations of floating free of your physical body.
- You can look back at your body and feel calm that your body is safe and still alive.
Silver Umbilical Cord
You'll immediately see the silver umbilical cord that connects you to your body. This won't break, so don't worry or be fearful of being permanently separated from your body.
Step Eight: Your First Astral Projections
Gurus advise exploring your surroundings in your first few astral projections. This means you can move about your home. You can either walk or float/fly about. It's up to you. Take a peek outside and move about in your backyard. You may decide to float above your house for a nice aerial view. For your first time, you probably won't venture too far from home until you've gained your astral projection confidence.
Step Nine: How to Astral Travel Where You Want to Go
Once you're comfortable with the feeling of being outside your body, you'll find it easier each time for your physical body to release your astral body. You're ready to expand your exploration of astral projection.
- Choose a physical Earthly destination such as the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
- You'll find the moment you think of your destination you're instantly transported there.
- You may decide to take an astral trip to a tropical island and enjoy sitting on the sandy shore.
Step Ten: Returning to Your Body
You can return to your body at any time simply by exerting your free will. Some astral travelers prefer tugging on their silver umbilical cord as a way to return to their bodies. This isn't necessary. All you must do is think about where you left your body in meditation. You'll quickly find yourself back inside your physical vessel.
Step Eleven: Adjusting to Being Back Inside Your Body
The return to your body should be natural and gradual. You don't want to have a jolting return due to an interruption.
- Continue to feel your energies settling back into your physical body.
- Recall your journey with as much detail as you can and repeat it three times over in your mind.
- Take three deep breaths.
- Count each one mentally and open your eyes on three.
- Allow your eyes to adjust to the light in the room.
Step Twelve: Astral Travel to Other Universes and Dimensions
You can astral travel well beyond Earth if you wish to explore other universes and even dimensions. However, you'll want the confidence of a few astral travels under your belt before attempting other worldly travels.
Tips to Prepare Your Body for Soul Release
Soul release occurs naturally during asleep. Astral projection while asleep is like automatic body regulations, such as breathing and heartbeat. Meditation attempts to emulate these conditions. Intentionally inducing this separation through meditation sets up a fear reaction in the physical body. At first, this can be difficult for beginners since the body clings to the soul for its life source.
Overcoming the Physical Body's Fear of Soul Separation
The OBE or astral projection can be achieved outside sleep when you master a deep meditation technique in order for the physical body to release the soul to sojourn outside the sleep state. You can choose whatever form of meditation you wish. You need to practice it on a regular basis the same way an athlete trains.
How Deep Meditation Raises Your Frequency
Deep meditation raises your frequency, so your body and soul are more in tune with the ideal vibration needed for releasing the soul into the astral plane at will. You'll quickly notice the difference in your vibrational frequency as you practice deep meditation techniques.
Morning Meditation When You First Awake
Morning is the ideal time to start your meditation practice and condition your body to this rhythm. The biggest pitfall to any meditation, especially morning practices is falling back to sleep. To avoid this, choose a short mantra to repeat over and over to keep yourself awake.
You want to ensure you aren't disturbed during your meditation and astral projection travels. A few tips before embarking on your journey ensures you won't be interrupted.
- Choose a location that is quiet.
- If you live with other family members, let them know you can't be disturbed during your practice.
- Turn off the alarm clock, cell phone and electronic devices.
- You want to feel safe and secure while meditating. If in a room, lock the door to ensure you won't be interrupted.
Comfort Is Vital
You want to avoid any physical discomfort to interrupt your session. A recliner, sofa or bed are ideal choices.
Make sure the thermostat is set slightly warmer than normal since your heart rate and body temperature will drop due to physical inactivity. You may want to use a blanket or throw to ensure you're warm enough.
- You should wear loose clothing.
- Unbind your hair.
- Remove your eyeglasses or contact lens.
- Remove your shoes and wear loose socks if needed to keep your feet warm.
- Remove all jewelry, including any piercings.
- You can use low light, incense or burning candles to aid in your meditation practice.
Choose the Appropriate Type of Meditation
There is a cornucopia of mediation techniques you can use. You may want to try a form of yoga to establish the mental and physical connection ideal for astral projection. If yoga isn't your cup of tea, there are other forms of meditation that focus on the relaxation of your body and the repetition of a mantra.
Differences Between Astral Projection Types
One thing you want to keep in mind is sleep-induced astral projection is a natural part of the sleep process. That means you don't need to adjust to being back in your body the same way you may experience via a meditative-induced astral projection. Sleep astral projection is an unconscious excursion while meditative astral projection is done with the conscious mind.
Adjusting to the Physical From Meditative-Induced Astral Projection
You might find it difficult adjusting to your return to the physical body when your astral projection was meditative-induced. This is normal. It may take a couple of days for you to feel reintegrated into your body. The world you visit during your astral projection is far more vivid, colorful and alive than your physical existence.
Astral World vs Physical World
At first, the physical world may appear two-dimensional in comparison to the astral world. If you're having difficulty with being back in your body, rest assured that by the third day, you'll begin to feel normal within your physical world once more. As you practice meditative astral projection, you'll find it much easier and normal to settle back into your physical body.
Easy Ways Beginners Can Learn How to Astral Project
Beginners can easily master the few steps that lead to astral projection. You will soon be astral traveling to foreign countries, historical landmarks, and beyond the stars!