There are several methods you can practice to develop your ESP abilities. When you set aside time each day for one or more ESP exercises, you'll quickly see your ability start to develop and grow stronger.
1. Playing Card ESP Exercise
The easiest method for developing your ESP is a deck of playing cards. This can be done by yourself. You want to start out trying to determine the color of the card. You may get impressions of the card suit, but your focus should be whether it is red or black.
- Deck of playing cards
- Paper pad
- Pen or pencil
- Move the pad and pen/pencil onto a table beside you.
- Write numbers 1-10 and set the pencil down.
- Pick up the deck of cards and shuffle them.
- Place the shuffled deck in a stack face down on a table in front of you.
- Lift the top card from the deck, but don't look at it.
- Keep the card face down and slide it on the table until it is in front of you.
- You can place your hand or fingers on the card.
- Close your eyes and take three deep breaths.
- Focus your mind on the card. If images flash across your mind's eye, hold them in your thoughts.
- Once you feel you've received the correct information about the card, open your eyes and write down everything you saw beside the number 1 on the list on your pad. Did you see a flash of color, such as red, or did you see a heart shape? While the goal is to focus on the color, you may have only seen a number. In some cases, you may have seen the number and card suit.
- Don't turn the card up, simply slide it over to one side.
- Repeat this process for 9 more cards.
- When you finish number 10, return to the first card, and turn it right side up.
- Compare the card to what you wrote down.
- How close were you? Did you get the color correct?
- Continue to work your way through all 10 cards.
- Add up the number of cards you got right and the number of cards you missed.
- Reveal each card until you've finished all 10.
Tips for Evaluating Your Progress
Don't be discouraged if you don't get any colors correct the first time around. This is new and you are working to train your mind to receive the energies of the card. If you got any of the colors correct, take a moment to think about how you felt when you received the correct information. Did you feel a surge in energy? Did the color appear clear to you or was it lurking behind a hazy mist?
- You may prefer to keep score of each exercise in a loose-leaf journal so you can track your progress. Be sure you make notes about how you felt with the card colors you got correct.
- Spend at least 15 minutes each day doing this exercise. Within a couple of weeks, you should begin to see progress as your ability develops with flexing your ESP muscles and pick up more and more information from the cards. You should begin to see your accuracy increase.
- When you master the colors, you can move on to reading the numbers or focus in on the card suit, whichever is easiest for you.
- Once you get this practice down, you can move on to the next piece of information until you are able to see the card color, suit, and number.
2. Phone Text Message Notification
In another era, this exercise was done whenever the telephone rang. In today's technological sphere, text message notifications are a better choice. This is another great exercise to hone your ESP abilities using the text message notification sound. You only need a cellphone and text messages.
- Each time you hear a text message notification, stop what you're doing and close your eyes (unless you're driving or operating machinery).
- Take three deep breaths and relax.
- Focus on your phone and try to sense who is texting you.
- There are all kinds of possible notifications you could be receiving via text messages. These could be banking information, bill payments, delivery notifications, appointment reminders from a doctor, friends, or family members, and so on.
- Keep a record of each time and what the results are when you check the message.
- Note any physical sensations, feelings, or thoughts you have each time.
Keep Track of Your Progress
After a few weeks, you should begin to notice the number of times you are correct increases. You may discover you have a particular physical sensation or emotional response when you connect with the energies and are correct in knowing who has texted you. As you advance in your practice, and you feel as though you've mastered the texting exercise, delve deeper by attempting to perceive the subject matter of the text. This will require more energy and focus on your part, but it is achievable in many instances by practicing on a regular basis.
3. Partner Up to Develop ESP Telepathy
This version of the card reading exercise requires that you work with a partner. This exercise will help you develop your telepathic ESP abilities.
- Another person to focus on each card
- Deck of playing cards
- Pad and pen (or journal page)
- Table and two chairs
- Sit at a table directly across from the person.
- Shuffle the deck of cards and hand the deck to your partner.
- Your partner will take the first card from the deck and hold it facing them.
- Your partner will look at the card and envision the number and suit forming on their forehead in the space known as the third eye.
- Take three deep breaths and relax.
- You'll gaze at your partner's forehead.
- Keep your attention focused on their third eye region.
- Wait for the number and suit to appear as though etched in glass or perhaps it appears to you in color.
- This may take some practice before you are able to envision the card on your partner's forehead.
- This technique can help you learn to establish a mental link with the other person.
- When you see the number and card suit appear, tell your partner what you see.
- She/he can then turn the card upright so you can see if you are correct.
- Keep score of how many you get correct as you work your way through the deck.
Ways to Increase Your Telepathic Abilities
Don't force the process. Relax and keep your mind open by focusing on the other person. If you find yourself growing frustrated, stop immediately and do something else. You can come back to this exercise tomorrow or another day since you never want to go beyond what feels natural and comfortable. Trying to force your ESP abilities to work will have the opposite effect. You want to allow the energies to flow easily between you and the other person.
4. Psychometry Exercise
Psychometry is the ESP ability to hold an object and be able to read its energies. For example, if a stranger gives you their ring, you'll hold it and pickup images, sounds, smells, thoughts, and emotions. The person's energies are infused into the ring and your ESP abilities will allow you to tap into those energies.
For some people, it's like plugging in to a streaming video. For others, it may be conversations they hear or sounds, while others may only receive images and flashes. How each person receives and processes psychic information can be as unique as the individual. If you have a gift of psychometry, then you'll know things about the person and the circumstances of their ring, such as where they got it, when, and if it were a gift, who gave it to them. You can try this with friends as long as it is their personal object, and you don't know anything about it.
- An object and its owner present during your reading
- A pad and pencil or journal to record this exercise
- Instruct the person not to speak until you indicate that the reading is over.
- Take three deep breaths and go into a meditative state.
- Cup your hands together.
- Instruct the person to place the object in your hands.
- Close your eyes and relax.
- Allow yourself to connect with the energies of the object.
- Make a mental note of each thing flashing through your mind, since the information generally moves rapidly through your mind.
- You can verbalize to the owner what you are picking up about the object and what you are seeing if a scene is unfolding in front of you.
- When you are finished with the reading, return the object to the owner, and ask them to evaluate your information for accuracy.
- Pay close attention to what the owner reveals and how your reading matched with the reality of the object.
How to Improve Your Readings
Keep in mind that just starting out, you may misinterpret some of the images and other information you receive. As you practice, your ESP abilities for psychometry will increase. Make sure you keep a journal of each reading to help you assess your progress and also discover how you may interpret things that are conveyed to you that are strictly symbolic. This could be a color, such as pink, that you see whenever the object is symbolic of a love relationship. Once you understand the symbolism of your readings, you can gain a better understanding and establish a stronger link to the energies contained within the object.
Ways to Advance Your ESP Abilities
Keep your practices simple. Only try one technique at a time. Don't combine them or have an ESP marathon. If you overtax yourself, you won't have the same quality results as you would if you practice in moderation. The saying, "Slow and steady wins the race," is a truism for developing your ESP abilities.
Once you're comfortable with one of the techniques, you can advance to the next level. This will require challenging yourself to gather more information. You can achieve this with each exercise by going deeper into your style of meditation. Establishing a deeper connection could simply be a matter of closing your eyes and focusing more on a particular element of your practices, such as reading playing cards and seeking the number along with the color.
The goal is to establish a strong bond with the stream of consciousness. This bridge effect will set your mind free enough to connect with more energies of the object in your reading. The more you relax, the more information you'll receive. With each new level you achieve, challenge yourself to go for more until you're satisfied you have fully mastered a particular ESP ability.
Tips for Developing Your ESP Abilities
It takes patience and diligence to see results from your efforts to develop your ESP abilities. Once you begin to achieve your goals, don't rest on your laurels, but keep a regular practice routine so your abilities stay finely tuned.