If you've ever wondered about your psychic abilities, there are many free online psychic tests that can help you determine whether you have them. These psychic quizzes and tests look into various aspects of psychic ability and range from simple to quite complex.
Nine Free Online Psychic Testing Websites
The following websites have multiple types of psychic tests that evaluate different types of abilities.
Test Psychic Abilities on Psychic Science
The website Psychic Science has an interesting array of psychic ability tests and online games. On the site, you'll find tests for:
- Psychokinesis: This measures your abilities to manipulate objects with your mind. You can take either a ball drop test or a PK dial test. Use these tests to explore what you can move with your mind.
- Quick ESP and Advanced extrasensory perception (ESP): This measures your ability to telepathically sense information. To play, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you'll see an array of Zener cards. Click start, and then select the card you think will come up next. You'll be given a score of how well you compare to chance.
- Precognition: This tests your ability to predict future events. The test allows you to guess whether you'll be shown a blank screen or a staring face. To test, scroll to the bottom. On the right, select the option for the numbe of trials you wish to run. Then click start. At the end of the trail, you'll be shown how you scored in relationship to chance.
Zener Psychic Test Cards
At Psychic Experiences, you can take a popular test known as the Zener Card test. The test is extremely simple, and it's based on the work of psychologist Dr. Karl Zener of Duke University, North Carolina, in the 1920s. The test Dr. Zener constructed uses a set of 25 cards featuring one of five possible symbols (a circle, square, star, cross, or waves). To determine whether you have extrasensory perception, you guess which symbol will appear on each card.
The Institute of Noetic Sciences
The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) was founded by Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell with the goal to explore psychic functioning and its impact on society using science with an open mind. The Institute offers a test to determine how well your intuition works. You'll need to answer a few questions, and then you'll be shown a series of images of faces. You need to determine whether the faces are of living or dead people. At the end, you'll see how well you did in relation to chance. You'll need Adobe Flash to use the site.
The Boundary Institute
The former Boundary Institute, run by Dr. Richard Shoup, Ph.D, and Thomas Etter, no longer exists, but its tests are now maintained by IONS. These free informal tests measure psychic functioning based on techniques used in formal lab experiments. The tests require completion of a registration and a questionnaire. Once you complete the tests, the webpage immediately provides your results.
- Card tests to measure ESP
- A lottery test to measure precognition
- A location test to determine whether you can psychically track something to a physical location
Fourmilab Switzerland Psychokinesis Tests
John Walker, the creator of AutoCAD (a CAD drawing and design program), created the Fourmilab website to provide the public with information on the subjects of computing and science. Walker's site hosts a page providing free RetroPsychoKinesis experiments. Retropsychokinesis is the ability to alter random data before that data is displayed. Since computers are ideal "random-number generators," John provides the public with three fascinating (and oddly addictive) biofeedback Java applets that promise to test this psychic ability. The tests include:
- Bell curve: Try to move a line to the right or left of the bell curve with your mind. Choose right or left, and then select Practice or Record and select Run Experiment. Click start on the next page to begin.
- Clock face: Try to move the hands either clockwise or counterclockwise around a clock face using your mind. Select which direction, Practice or Record, and then click Run Experiment. Click the start button on the next page when you're ready to try.
- Pendulum: Try to swing a pendulum either wide or narrow. Select your options and click Run Experiment. Click start on the next page when you are ready to begin.
Online Tarot Reading
Online Tarot Reading is a way to test your skill with using tarot cards to predict the future. The hidden cards are from a 22-card deck with special symbols that tell a story once they are revealed. Psychics believe the power of the ability of these cards to foretell the future comes from the card handler, not the cards themselves.
Telekinesis is another fascinating psychic ability, and this test is one of the more fun ones. Meditate or concentrate on moving the bar either to the right or left. The goal is to cause the computer generated random number algorithm to sway more to one side or the other.
JVP Psychic Test
From celebrity psychic James Van Praagh comes the JVP psychic test. Answer a few simple questions about yourself to see what type of psychic abilities you most likely possess.
Answer some questions (the first is what will you score on this test) and see how psychic you are at Intuition Test. It's a simple multiple choice test. Click on the answers and then click to see your results.
Evaluating Your Results
One small sample is not enough to determine whether you may have abilities. Instead, you need to test your abilities multiple times so you can arrive at an average. For example, you are more likely to get an accurate picture of your ESP abilities if you work with 500 Zener cards than if you only test 10. Take the test multiple times and keep track of your results. Then, you can average how well you did and see whether your abilities over time are higher than chance would dictate.