The Pensacola Paranormal Society is a paranormal investigation organization based in Pensacola, Florida.
About Pensacola Paranormal
Rick Loe and Sharon Renae founded the Pensacola Paranormal Society (PPS), and Rick serves as its director. The PPS specializes in hauntings, and they provide investigations, reports and recorded evidence at the society's website. They provide their services free of charge to accepted clients, although they do state on their website that they accept donations.
Members of the society follow New Age practices as part of their investigations and research. One of their articles titled Cleansing Your Space recommends removing negative energies for a healthier aura and offers instructions for a ritual to clear negative energy from your home.
Founders: Rick Loe and Sharon Renae
When they aren't ghost hunting, both founders of PPS run businesses focused on metaphysical New Age beliefs. Rick Loe co-owns a metaphysical New Age store called Bohemian Nut Gallery in Pensacola, Florida. Sharon Renae operates a business as a professional psychic in Navarre Florida holding channeling sessions and private readings. She currently charges about $100 for an in-person consultation or phone reading, and $50 for anyone additionally in attendance. Attendance for her channeling shows are $30 per person.
Pensacola Paranormal Team
The PPS team has 18 current members with various backgrounds and experience.
The team includes:
- Seven investigator trainees
- The two founders, Rick Loe and Sharon Renae
- A senior investigator and tech team leader with a career in sales
- A senior investigator and former director of the now defunct GHG Ghost Hunters
- Seven established investigators, including a case management team, tech specialists and a research team leader
Pensacola Paranormal Investigations
The Pensacola Paranormal Society published several detailed and informative investigation reports, providing details and some evidence for its four major investigations. These include a variety of photos, electronic voice phenomenon (EVPs) and videos.
The Haunted Mortuary
On January of 2008, Pensacola Paranormal Society investigated the Haunted Mortuary on Canal Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. During this visit, which lasted for three hours from midnight to 3:00 a.m., the team reported experiencing the following paranormal events.
- Sharon, the lead psychic, reported communicating with a ghost of a young girl named "Esther Elizabeth".
- The team captured several photos of orbs in the vicinity where the ghost was believed to be communicating with Sharon.
- The investigators captured several interesting EVP events.
- The team heard sounds of footsteps, loud bangs and slams in particular rooms.
Blakeley State Park
The team visited Blakeley State Park in Spanish Fort, Alabama on December 8th, 2007. During this visit, the group experienced the following paranormal activity.
- Psychics "picked up" soldiers roaming the area.
- One psychic witnessed a shadow disappear behind a tree.
- Team members heard voices in the woods.
- One researcher experienced a strong electro-magnetic field (EMF) spike while scanning in the Blakeley Ghost Town.
- The team captured several orb photos, as well as photos of an odd orange light.
- Researchers did not capture any video or EVP phenomenon during this investigation.
Coon Hill Cemetery
In April of 2005, Pensacola Paranormal investigated the Coon Hill Cemetery, located deep within the northwest panhandle of Florida. The secluded Coon Hill Cemetery, according to the PPS website, is about 2 acres and enclosed by a 3 foot tall concrete wall. During this evening visit, the team recorded the following paranormal phenomenon.
- A maximum "five light", ten second reading on a K-2 EMF meter
- Sounds of footsteps in the grass
- A number of cold spots
- Various unexplainable sounds
St. John's Cemetery
In April of 2008, PPS visited St. John's, a 26-acre cemetery stretching for ten impressive city blocks in Pensacola, Florida. The investigation of St. John's cemetery lasted for three hours, and during that time the team recorded no evidence of paranormal activity except photographic orbs. Overall the team found no hard evidence of paranormal activity at this location.
Pensacola Paranormal Society is somewhat unique in its two-pronged approach to investigations. This encompasses the use of some scientific tools such as digital video and audio recorders as well as EMF sensors. However, under the direction of the two founders, the organization also actively practices many occult/psychic techniques as part of their investigations.
The society mainly seeks to investigate haunted buildings and locations, but they also promise to help homeowners and business owners find "an easy solution" to the haunting. The website offers potential clients the opportunity for a "cleansing" of negative energies and apparitions.
You can contact the team through their offical Pensacola Paranormal website.