Some layers of your aura naturally change colors in tandem with your moods, physical health, and more. However, the layers of your aura that reflect your spiritual growth and development are much slower in their color change; sometimes it takes decades or even lifetimes for those colors to change. But you can affect change even in these auric layers by focusing on your own spiritual development. Discover how to change your aura colors through spiritual growth practices.
Cleanse Your Aura
Your aura color reflects your most current state of spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical wellness. Regular aura cleansing is a great first step in facilitating spiritual growth and development, enhancing mood, stabilizing emotions, and even supporting physical health. When you cleanse your aura, it removes negative or slow-moving energies that may be harming you physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually. So, it's a great first step in facilitating the change that also changes your aura colors.
- ¼ cup of Epsom salt, Himalayan salt, or sea salt
- 1 white sage incense bundle or stick
- Matches or lighter
- Smudge bowl or other fireproof bowl to extinguish sage
- Add at least 1/4 cup of salt to warm bath water.
- Soak in the tub for 5-10 minutes, or until you feel revitalized.
- Allow the tub to drain completely while you sit in it, and visualize any negative energy leaving you and swirling down the drain with the water.
- Rinse in the shower afterwards to remove any salt residue and negative energies.
- After bathing, light a white sage bundle/stick.
- Once the sage has burned for a few seconds, blow it out.
- Fan the smoke over your body to further cleanse your aura.
- Extinguish smudge bundle/stick in smudge bowl.
- Repeat the cleansing salt bath and the white sage once a week for three weeks to ensure any accumulated and stubborn negative energies are removed.
This salt bath is also a good energy hygiene practice to continue about once a month to maintain any positive growth. If you've experienced negativity, such as illness, an argument with your partner, job loss, or similar, you can also use this salt bath and white sage smoke to cleanse your energy afterward.
Raise Your Frequency
Raising your frequency is an ongoing process that all humans engage in throughout lifetimes. Everything in the universe is vibration, and part of the human journey is to move from a lower vibration to a higher one, both in the course of your current life and across all of your incarnations. This progression from lower frequency vibration to higher brings you ever closer to Source energy, which is the energy from which you came and will return. As your frequency rises, your aura colors shift.
- Engage in meditation, mindfulness practice, or another spiritual practice daily.
- Use daily visualization techniques to visualize your ideal auric field color.
- Participate in religious worship and group activities that strengthen your connection with Divinity.
- Read daily devotionals and spiritually reinforcing books and material.
- Select a handful of positive mantras and repeat multiple times daily.
- Amplify the spiritual energy you receive by holding a quartz crystal during meditation.
Program Your Aura Color
Once you feel the first two steps have accomplished the goal of cleansing your aura and raising your frequency, your aura color will begin to shift. You can also program your desired aura color using meditation and visualization. Focus on the new color each time you meditate. You can assist in this process by also focusing on the chakra that matches the aura color you desire and selecting a chakra crystal of that color.
- Hold the crystal in your hand while you meditate.
- Focus on the chakra that governs the aura color you wish to add to your auric field.
- Send the spiritual energy entering your body to this chakra.
- Create and hold a mental picture of the new aura color radiating from its chakra.
- Envision the new aura color replacing your current aura color.
Do this for at least 10 minutes per day and longer if you so desire.
Tips for Changing Your Aura Color
There are a few things you can do to further boost your efforts to change your aura color.
- Wear the color you want for your aura as often as possible.
- Paint the room where you meditate with the aura color you desire.
- Add the color to your bedroom and any other rooms where you spend a lot of time.
Other ways to surround yourself with the new color include flowers, art, accessories, and other décor items. When you aren't in meditation, you can still hold the aura color in your mind and think about it often during the day.
Aura Colors That Are Difficult to Change
The only aura color that may prove obstinate to change is black. The negative aspects of this aura color are deep-seated. You may struggle as you work to reverse the patterns responsible for generating this aura. A few things to check prior to trying to change your aura colors are:
- Make sure that there are no underlying medical issues that are the cause of your dark aura color.
- A psychic attack can discolor your aura. Use techniques you can use to protect yourself from psychic attacks.
- If neither of these is the cause of your dark aura, you need to examine your emotional nature. You may need to forgive and let go of emotional trauma.
Reasons to Change Your Aura Color
Before you decide to change your aura color, make sure you understand how the human aura works and have determined what your aura color is. Once you understand your own aura, you may wish to make a change. There are several reasons you may wish to change your aura color.
The frequency of your current aura might not be compatible with the spiritual level you wish to achieve. When you take these steps to change the color, you will be focusing on reaching the new frequency and spiritual level that correlates to the auric color. In this instance, the color provides you with the visual aid to assist you in reaching that new spiritual level.
Another reason might be the desire to experience a different type of attunement. For example, if you're going into a healing arts training as a new profession, changing your aura to a healing color, such as a green aura, will assist you in your studies and in reaching the energy level needed for your new career. If you wish to commune more with nature, then changing your aura to green will help you resonate with the energies of nature. If you're pursuing a spiritual profession, then a blue aura reflects a higher spirituality.
If you're holding on to past emotional and/or physical pains, changing your auric field colors can speed up the healing process. Since the frequency of the new colors is generated by your current state of well-being, the new color is an outward sign that you've successfully altered your frequency.
Whatever your reason for changing your aura, you can achieve the desire color when you master each step.
Learn How to Change Your Aura Color
It is possible to change your aura color, but it will require consistent work on your part. You'll discover many things during this process that are beneficial to your spiritual life. If you follow these steps in earnest, the aura color change will be long-lasting.