Ouija board chants can be part of your overall practice when connecting with spirit. Some mediums practice chanting prior to beginning a Ouija board session and again when closing the session. This is a personal choice and you can use any chant or mantra you wish.
Preparation Before Summoning Spirit to Your Session
Before you start your chant, you need to spend time in prayer and/or meditation. This practice allows you to connect with the spirit world by focusing on energies of the higher realms. Some people skip chanting and go right into the Ouija board session. Others believe the ritual of a chant makes the session protected and safer from intrusion by unwanted spirits.
You need to ensure you and those participating in the session are protected from malevolent spirits. If you don't have a spirit guide and are making a blind call, then framing your chant is extremely important. You can modify the chant if the purpose of the session is different from the last time you used it. You can repeat any of these chants three times.
- "Only spirits of good intentions may enter."
- "Benevolent Spirit may enter. Spirit may only communicate through the Ouija board."
- "We invite only spirits from the realm of light to join us. Welcome to only those spirits of light and goodness."
Encased in Protective Light
You can enclose yourself in a bubble of white light. Each person can encase themselves prior to the session beginning. You can also place the Ouija board in white light as well as the room and house/building. These layers of protective light make it difficult for unwanted spirits to enter. There are a couple of protection chants you can use, such as:
- "I encase myself within a bubble of white light and invite only spirits of light to enter this session."
- Another chant uses the golden light, "I evoke the golden ray to cover me while inviting spirits of the golden realm to enter."
- You can say a short chant, "Protect us, [insert deity name]. Watch over us, [insert deity name]."
Ouija Board Chants to Summon Spirits
Most religions use chants during religious ceremonies or rituals. Chanting is an ancient practice. A chant should have a rhythm component, such as a repetitive phrase. You can chant by yourself or enlist others. Most people prefer those participating in the session join in the chant, believing the collective energy will attract spirit better than just one person. You can repeat the chant three times to open the session. A few chants you may use include:
- "Spirit hear my plea. Come and visit me, [insert name]." This can be repeated three times.
- Another chant might be just one phrase repeated three times, "I call upon only righteous benevolent spirits."
- If you have several people chanting with you, simply repeat three times, "We call upon spirit to join us. Only those we ask may enter our circle. Only those of white light may enter and be with us."
Chants to Invite Spirit
Once you feel safe and protected, you can also say or sing a chant to invite spirit to join your session. This doesn't need to be a grand production. You can repeat a short or long chant three times. You can call upon deceased loved ones, angels, spirit guides or other specific spirits. Examples of chants you might use include:
- "We open the circle for spirit to enter. Join us angelic beings."
- "Now is the time for my spirit guides to join me."
- "Spirit, be of light and love. Be of one with all things good. Spirit, be here with us, now."
Just as you open your session with intent, you should always close your Ouija board session by saying goodbye to the spirit(s) that visited with you.
Protection Closing Chant
If you performed a protection chant at the beginning of your session, you can also use the same or a different chant of protection to ensure no spirits attach themselves to you and continue to be with you once you end the session. This is especially helpful for possible negative spirits attracted to the energy of your session. You can chant:
- "Thank you, white light for the protection bestowed on us."
- If you called upon a spirit guide to protect you, be sure to say, "Thank you, spirit guide(s) for protecting us tonight."
- If you called upon a deity, you should thank with a closing chant, such as "Thank you, [insert deity name] for keeping us safe and blessing us. Continue to keep us safe when we close this circle (session) from all things evil."
General Chants to Close Ouija Board Session
It's like telling guests the party is over and seeing them to the door to wish them good night. If a spirit has joined you, then thank them by name and tell them goodbye. Some mediums like to say or sing a closing chant. You could chant:
- "Goodbye and thank you. Join us next time. Until then we part ways. Goodbye."
- "This session has ended. We close the circle. Thank you and goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye."
- "Our gratitude for your time. Your presence was appreciated. We say goodbye for now. Safe travel back to your realm. Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye."
If you don't feel comfortable making up a mantra, you can repeat a verse from a poem, prayer or other religious text. Be sure that you select one that makes you feel safe, protected and calm. The type of energy you send out is going to be like a magnet to the spirit world. This is also important to keep in mind when selecting and repeating mantras.
Sing Your Chant
Many religions use songs for chanting. If you feel more comfortable singing your chant, you can use one you're familiar with or you can select a tune to create your own singing chant. You may prefer to make up the tune to fit your chant.
Using Chants for Ouija Board Sessions
Opening and closing your Ouija board session are important to ensure your safety and that of those participating. Both can be done using known chants or ones you make up.