If you cast a candle spell to bring back lost love, you're at least making your wishes known to the universe. However, it's important to know that it must never interfere with the free will of the person, no matter how much you miss his quirks.
Candle Magic Basics
Candle magic is a very old and powerful form of sympathetic magic, but it is also one of the simplest types of magic to use for casting spells. Candle magic can be simple or complicated, just as relationships can. Casting the spell can involve a fancy ritual, but that's not necessary to win back the affections of the one you love. Once you are familiar with the basics involved in candle magic, it's simple to customize a spell to your needs.
Choosing a Candle for a Magic Spell
It is important to choose the ideal color for your magic spell. You will then need to charge the candle with your energy.
Select the Appropriate Candle Color
Candle colors play a vital role in the outcome of a spell. Many love spells call for pink candles that represent the emotional side of love while other love spells use a white candle to represent pure love. However, if you want to reignite love, the passion required to bring back a lost love is best represented by the color red.
Candle Wax Choices
Natural beeswax or soy candles are preferred over petroleum-based candles, but you aren't destined to a long, lonely life if you can't find one of these. Any kind of candle will work as long as it has never been burned.
Charging Your Candle for Love
Once you've found the best candle for your spell, you need to charge it for your needs. This is also known as dressing the candle. This preparation is ritualistic and serves the purpose of focusing your intent and energies. This imbues the candle with the necessary energy to manifest your spell.
Dressing Your Candle to Bring Lost Love Back
You will dress your candle by anointing it with oil. Virgin olive oil is a popular choice, but you can use your favorite oil. The direction you spread the oil determines if you are bringing something to you or sending it away from you.
- Using your fingers draw the oil from the top of the candle to the center and stop.
- Work your way around the candle, always pulling the oil from the top to the middle, never from the middle to the top.
- Anoint the candle from the bottom to the center. Work around the candle, always pulling the oil from the bottom to the center.
- Continue until the entire candle is anointed with the oil.
- Set it in the candle holder for now.
Carve Your Candle
When you carve a candle, you want to continue with the proper direction to bring your love to you by inscribing the person's name onto the candle. Think about your lost love while carving the candle. These should be happy and loving thoughts and memories of your time together.
- Using your athame (ceremonial knife) or other utensil, carve the first letter of the name of your beloved at the top side of the candle.
- Continue down the candle, carving each letter into the wax and stopping at the middle of the candle.
- Carve your name on the same side as your lover's name starting with the first letter carved at the bottom side of the candle.
- Continue inscribing your name along the side of the candle, stopping at the middle of the candle.
- You want to leave a space between your lover's name and your name.
- Either carve a heart in this space for carve the word love horizontal to your names.
- You can carve other symbols in the candle that have significant meaning to you and/or your lover.
Receive and Imbue Love Energy
You imbued the candle with your energy while anointing and carving it. It's now time to give it a boost by calling upon the universe to send you the vibration of divine love so you can transfer that powerful energy to charge your candle.
- Place the candle in the palm of your dominant hand.
- Stretch your other hand out, palm up to receive the energy from the universe.
- Imagine your lost lover coming back to you once the spell is cast.
- Imagine the love energy from the universe entering through your hand.
- Feel the energy coursing through you.
- Move your free hand to clasp the candle.
- Holding the candle between both hands, envision all that energy pouring into the candle.
- Continue until you feel all the energy has been transferred to the candle.
- Place the candle in its holder.
Before Casting Your Spell
Your candle is now fully charged and ready to be used in your spell. You must now clear your mind, the space where you'll perform your spell and evoke protection for your spell work.
Before you begin the work, you want to clear the space either by smudging by burning incense and/or with sound. A singing bowl tone or a simple ringing of a bell can clear the energy of the space.
Create Circle of Protection
You need to create a circle of protection. This can be done using salt to encircle the area where you'll be performing your spell. You may prefer to evoke white light to encase you and the space where you'll be working. Open the circle before beginning your spell work.
Clear Your Mind
A clear mind is needed to perform a successful spell. Rid your mind of all negative thoughts. You may want to meditate to reach a neutral mental space.
Visualize Results Before Casting Spell
Once you're relaxed, hold the candle between your hands and visualize as much detail as you can of reuniting with your lost love. Send your energy from your hands into the candle and make sure your mind and heart of filled with love and good intentions.
How to Cast Your Lost Love Spell
You're now ready to cast your spell. Continue to hold only positive thoughts in your mind and love in your heart as you begin casting your spell.
- Place the candle in its holder.
- Say a personal incantation or a small prayer and light the candle.
- Focus all your energy on your desire and watch the candle burn for a period of time.
- Allow your candle to self-extinguish.
- Close your circle at the end of your ritual.
Return of Lost Love Spell
Did you and your lover ever carve your names inside of a heart on a tree in the backyard? You can revisit that moment as you carve your lover's name in your candle.
- Anoint your candle with oil (per previous instructions).
- Carve your lover's name in the candle (per previous instructions).
- Remove seven thorns from a red rose bush (if not available, use straight pins).
- Place the thorns or pins into the letters of the name you inscribed on the candle.
- Light the candle.
- Visualize your love coming back to you. Concentrate only on that thought.
- Repeat the following three times:
Powers of the universe
Bring (insert first name) back to me
This is my will
So, mote it be.
As the candle burns down through each thorn, or straight pin, your love will have good thoughts of you and want to be with you, again.
Reunion Spell for Lost Lover
You may prefer a different spell to recite as your candle burns. Repeat the verse three times.
Bring back my love, [insert name] that I know,
With [insert love name]'s return, our love shall grow.
Universe, bring [insert name] back to stay,
I'm sure [insert name] will come back to me someday.
If Candle Extinguishes Before It Burns Down
If your candle goes out before it has completely melted, your spell has failed. This means your spell was either malformed or something has interfered with your spell. Wait a few days and cast your spell again. If it fails again, abandoned your desire since stronger forces are in play.
Inspire Your Love to Return
Casting a candle spell to bring back your lost love can bring that special someone back to you as long as the spell is cast without harm to anyone. Relax, cast your spell and think of the one you love running back into your arms.