Since you have limited time during a psychic reading, you can make the most of your appointment by having some questions ready to ask ahead of time. So regardless of what type of reading you have, these questions to ask a psychic can help you receive the information you most need.
General Questions to Ask a Psychic
Start with general questions and get more specific as the reading goes along. Likewise, don't be afraid to ask follow-up questions. Asking general questions like these allows important information to come through and doesn't limit the information the psychic receives.
- What are the most important things I need to know?
- Where can I best focus my energy right now?
- What messages do my spirit guides have for me?
- What choices will I need to make that serve my greatest good?
- What changes do you see upcoming for me?
- What types of signs do I receive when the universe is trying to communicate with me?
- What major changes do you foresee for me in the coming year?
- What are the most pressing challenges I am currently facing?
- What challenges could I be handling better?
- Are there any decisions I've made recently that I need to reconsider?
- How can I recognize my own intuitive guidance?
Questions About Purpose
Many people struggle to find their true purpose in life, and a psychic can help by connecting you with Divine guidance about this important topic. While many people believe life's purpose is about career, this isn't always the case. Life's purpose may be rooted in spirituality, family, public service, or a multitude of other areas, as well. Zeroing in on your life's purpose (which can change as you grow) can help you live a more productive and joyful life. You can ask a psychic multiple questions about purpose.
- What experiences did I come into this lifetime to specifically have?
- How can I best be of service?
- What is my life's main purpose right now?
- How has my purpose evolved, and how will it continue to evolve?
- Are there any choices I need to make to better serve my life's purpose?
- What actions can I take that will best serve my current purpose?
- What missteps am I making that don't serve my current purpose?
- What is the most important thing I need to know right now about my life's purpose and how I am serving it?
- Have I found my life's purpose? If I haven't, can you point me in a direction to help me find it?
- What talents do I have that I need to develop?
Questions About Relationships
Relationship questions don't just have to be about romantic partnerships (although this is often the most common question a psychic receives), but they can also be about friendships, families, relationships with co-workers, and even your relationship with yourself.
- Does my current partnership situation serve my highest good?
- Can you identify some signs I might notice when I meet a good life partner/friend?
- What do I need to know to find the right romantic partnership?
- How can I strengthen my current romantic partnership?
- What changes do I need to make in my romantic partnership so it better serves us both?
- What purpose exists in my current romantic partnership?
- What can I do to become a better romantic partner?
- What do I need to know about my friendships (in general)?
- What do I need to know about my friendship with X?
- What energy do I bring to all my relationships that I need to change or evolve?
- How can I have better/stronger/more productive relationships?
- Are there dynamics in my relationships that I need to change or be aware of?
- What can I do to improve my relationship with myself?
- What steps do I need to take in order to enjoy healthier relationships?
- What counterproductive attitudes do I have about relationships?
- What things from my past am I allowing to negatively influence my relationships?
Questions About Family
Asking specific questions about family can help you understand and improve family dynamics, and it may help you prepare for upcoming challenges.
- What challenges do you see my family facing currently and in the near future?
- How can my family experience more harmony?
- Which specific family relationships do I personally need to work on?
- What karmic ties do you notice between me and family members?
- Are there any family members struggling that I need to be aware of?
Questions about spiritual development and growth can help you find more joy, peace, and balance in your life.
- What am I holding onto that I need to let go?
- What am I creating without realizing it?
- What energies am I bringing into my life I need to reconsider, and how can I begin to change them?
- How can I better connect to my spirit guides?
- In what ways can I foster or cultivate a deeper relationship with the Divine?
- What energies am I blocking in my life, and how can I remove the blockages?
- How can I live a more joyful life?
- What practices can I engage in to strengthen my spirituality?
- What signs does the universe provide to help me recognize truth?
Career and Money Questions
After relationships, career and money questions are among the most frequent a psychic receives from clients. Use these questions to receive constructive information to learn what will help you progress in your job and build prosperity.
- How can I cultivate more prosperity/abundance in my life?
- What attitudes or beliefs do I have that are keeping me from experiencing abundance?
- How can I make my career/job more meaningful?
- What action can I take to ensure I'm on the right career path?
- What do I need to do to advance my career path?
- How can I make my career more harmonious with my life purpose?
- What do I need to know about my career?
- What do I need to understand about abundance?
- What do I need to know about work/life balance?
- What relationships do I need to cultivate to help me move forward in my career?
- What career opportunities do you see coming in my near future?
- What attitudes and energies am I projecting that are holding me back in my career?
- How can I energize my thoughts to create more prosperity?
While some medical intuitives can provide specific information about your health, most psychics may be able to provide direction but will not offer a specific health diagnosis. These questions can help you focus on important issues while leaving diagnosing to your team of medical professionals.
- What do I need to know about my health?
- What steps can I take to improve my health?
- What attitudes and energies am I projecting that are negatively impacting my health?
- What purpose do you see in my current health struggles?
- What types of things am I unknowingly doing that may be harming my health?
- What health challenges should I be aware of?
- What beliefs do I hold that are blocking better health?
Questions to Ask a Psychic Medium
Not all psychics are mediums, but all mediums are psychic, and many provide both general psychic and mediumship readings. If you are consulting with a psychic medium, you may have specific questions about loved ones who have passed. Ask the psychic before you schedule your appointment if they do mediumship readings. If they do, you may wish to have a few questions ready.
- What do my loved ones who have died want me to know?
- How can I best communicate in my daily life with loved ones who have died?
- What should I notice to help me understand when people who have died are trying to communicate with me?
- What does my loved one want me to know?
- What is the most important message my loved one who has died wants to communicate?
- How can I heal my relationship with my loved one who died?
Tips for Asking a Psychic Questions
When working with a psychic, consider the following tips for crafting your own questions.
- Keep your questions open-ended so you allow any information that is important to come through instead of limiting it to a yes or no (or another single-word) answer.
- Start with general questions and get more specific.
- Don't be afraid to ask follow-up questions or seek clarification.
- In general, the questions that yield the best results are "tell me what I need to know about..." type of questions. Phrasing questions this way allows for the most important and helpful information to come through and facilitates guidance.
- Think about your session as a form of guidance; you are consulting with higher realms and the psychic is acting as a conduit for the information.
- There are times when the psychic may answer, "I don't know." While this can be frustrating, allow that answer and follow up with a question such as, "How can I be open to receiving the answer on my own?" Then, be open to and aware of signs that may come up that answer your question. However, realize sometimes the answer is "I don't know" because it isn't information you need or that will be helpful at this time.
What Not to Ask a Psychic
A psychic reading is about you and your path in life. Certain questions aren't productive, or they won't offer you information that serves your greatest good. Asking them isn't helpful to the reading and may actually block the flow of productive information. Some things to avoid include:
- Seeking personal/private information about other people
- Yes or no questions or non-open-ended questions
- Asking the psychic to read your mind
- Specific questions about death such as when you're going to die, how you're going to die, or when/how other people will die
- Questions designed to "trap" the psychic, such as "What's my middle name?" or "What is the name of my grandmother's second husband?" While it would be great if psychic information worked this way, it usually doesn't, and it may create blocks that stop information from coming through.
- Seeking the names of future partners
- Asking for lottery numbers
- Any "will I" question, such as, "Will I get cancer?" or "Will I get married?"
- Any "should I" question, such as "Should I quit my job?" or "Should I take this medication?"
- Asking for a medical diagnosis
Be Open to the Psychic's Answers
You are paying for your consultation with a psychic and chances are, you'd like your session to be as helpful and productive as possible. By preparing open-ended questions designed to elicit information that serves your highest good, keeping an open mind, allowing communication, and receiving it with an open heart, you can make your psychic consultation a special session of sharing with a source of higher guidance.