Beginners of psychometry are often amazed how much information they can pick up from objects. If you've never tried psychometry, you can learn with a few easy step-by-step instructions designed specifically for beginners.
Psychometry for Beginners Is Easy and Fun!
The psychic art of psychometry is a unique talent that unlike most psychic gifts has a physical aspect. Your tactile senses are the conduit to receive the information stored inside of objects. This can be any type of object from a piece of jewelry to a piece of furniture, vehicle or even a house or other building.
How Psychometry Works
Psychometry is the psychic art of holding or touching an inanimate object and receiving psychic information about it, the owner and other related information. The way this information is conveyed to you varies from one person to another.
How Information Is Transmitted
When you touch or hold an object, you may receive instant knowledge about the history of the object. This will be in the form of simply knowing the details of who, what, when, where, why, and how information about the object.
Visual Displays of Information
Another way information is picked up about an object is as though you're watching a movie. This can include more than just visual pictures, but sounds, smells, taste, feelings, and so much more.
Step One: Setting and Psychic Protection
Choose a quiet place are to work where you won't be interrupted. Before you do any psychic work, you want to always place yourself in a protective psychic shield. This can be whatever form you prefer. The most common one is a bubble of white light, often called Christ white light, Buddha white light, etc.
Step Two: Beginner's Meditation
A beginner will need to establish a link with the spiritual realm to adjust your frequency so you can tap into the energy of the object on a spiritual/psychic level. This can be achieved through regular meditation. Choose whatever style of meditation you're comfortable doing and practice daily preferably at the same time every day.
Step Three: Start With Simple Objects
The first time you try psychometry, you want to select an object that is simple, such as a piece of jewelry or tiny object. You want to be able to hold the object in both hands.
Step Four: Connecting With the Energy of an Object
You need to prepare yourself before touching the object you wish to read. This requires a process that should become second nature to any psychic readings you conduct.
- Prepare for your reading by taking a moment to encase yourself in protective white light. You may wish to light a white candle and/or burn incense.
- Take three deep cleansing breaths.
- Go into a meditative state for however long it takes you to connect with your higher self. If you've established a strong connection through practicing, the time to connect is less and less each time.
- Once you've secured that frequency/energy connection, open your eyes and hold the object between your hands.
- If the object is small, like a ring or necklace. Cup your hands together so the object rests in both your hands. Close your hands, so the rings is touching both hands to establish that energy connection.
- Close your eyes and give over to the object's energy. Allow the information stored in the object to transmit to you.
Step Five: Making Record of Your Reading
Once you've completed your reading, you'll want to document everything revealed to you while it's still fresh in your mind. You can write/type it in a report format or verbally record what you experienced and saw. With subsequent readings, you may find that verbally recording as you progress is a good way to keep everything fresh. Some people find verbal communication during a reading distracting. Use the method that works best for you.
Step Six: Evaluating Your Results
Once you've documented everything, take a break. You need to distance yourself from your reading so when you evaluate the results, you do so with a fresh mind. Some psychometry readers take a 24-hour break before taking it up once more. Some things you want to evaluate include:
- Did you receive any imagery? If so, was it clear enough for you to understand what you were seeing?
- Were there any people present? If so, did you understand their connection to the object?
- Did you receive any emotions connected with the object? If so, what were these?
- Could you identify from the people and emotions, who owned the object?
- Did you gain an understanding what was going in the images and/or information you picked up?
- Were there any contradictions in the images and/or information you received? What were these and why did they appear to be contradictions?
Step Seven: Conclusion of Your Reading
Once you've gone through your notes and have evaluated your reading, you want to write a conclusion about the object and its history. You can do this in any form you choose. A narrative is often the best format since it allows you to describe what you saw, heard, smelled, tasted, and felt while holding the object.
Practice Psychometry Regularly
If you wish to hone your psychometry skills, you need to practice regularly. You will eventually be able to pick up an object and immediately receive impressions from it. This is especially useful if you are into antiques and wish to avoid taking a haunted object home with you.
Real Life Example of a First Psychometry Reading
This account comes from the author Sally Painter. "My first lesson in psychometry was with the late Reverend Virginia Southern in a week-long workshop designed to awaken dormant psychic abilities. Rev. Southern had each of us place a personal prized belonging into a bowl. Almost everyone placed a piece of jewelry, such as rings, necklaces and bracelets."
A Ring With a Story
"Each of us removed an object to read. I ended up with a ring and instantly a tropical seaside restaurant scene opened in front of me. It was late afternoon. I could see and hear seagulls and crashing waves. The sound of clinking china and silverware filled the world as I zoomed in on a couple sitting on the covered porch extension of the restaurant."
Profession of Love
"Delicious aromas wafted all around and mingled with the sea air. The couple sat holding hands across a square table. She commented how she adored the little umbrellas in their drinks and then he presented her with the ring I was holding. He told her how much he loved her and how important the ring was as a symbol of their love and that the ring would bond them forever. Everything I saw was verified by Rev. Southern - it was her ring!"
Psychometry for Beginners and Your Results
Your first time reading an object using the tool of psychometry might not reveal much information. You may need to try several times before you open the channels that allow you that connection. The key is to be patient and not give up. You'll discover this psychic ability is very rewarding and beneficial to you in life, especially when you use it to help others.