Celebrity psychics abound, but can they really see into the future? There are many famous psychic predictions, but how acurate are they? It's certainly possible for those who can get a glimpse into a celebrity's future to market what they see and become celebrities themselves in doing so.
The Hollywood Reporter has hailed celebrity psychic medium Thomas John as "the Hollywood psychic with the highest batting average." You can follow John and keep up with his predictions on his website.
These predictions have been reported by the media:
- In late 2012, John saw "a woman in a white dress falling at the Oscars," accurately predicting Jennifer Lawrence's stumble up the stage stairs at the Academy Awards in 2013.
- He predicted that Whitney Houston would pass away, including the year that she did pass.
- Thomas John foresaw the downfall of Harvey Weinstein.
John is not very accurate with celebrity death predictions. In 2016, it was reported in the Hollywood News Daily that John didn't have a good feeling about Betty White, Hillary Clinton, Dolly Parton, Michael J. Fox, and Burt Reynolds. These famous folks all survived the year and beyond.
He also predicted that the Broncos would win the Super Bowl in 2014 and they did not, losing to the 49ers.
Terry and Linda Jamison
Their biggest celebrity prediction happened in 2005 when they predicted that Olivia Newton-John's missing longtime boyfriend, Patrick McDermott, had not drowned but had faked his death and was hiding in Mexico. This prediction was confirmed five years later by NBC Dateline, and later by Patrick McDermott himself.
In addition to their many accurate world predictions, celebrity-related predictions made by the twins include:
- Leonardo DiCaprio would win the Oscar for The Revenant in 2016.
- In 2007, the twins said Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes would get divorced in five years. The date of the divorce was July 9, 2012.
- They predicted that Donald Trump would only serve one term as President.
The twins failed when they predicted Hillary Clinton would win the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election. However, most of their failures seem to involve death and timing.
- In December 2003, the twins predicted the Saddam Hussein would be killed by troops in early 2004. Saddam was captured and tried, and finally executed on December 30, 2006.
- They also predicted that Pope John Paul II would die in June 2004. John Paul II died on April 2, 2005.
Also known as the Music Mentalist, Sidney Friedman is a musician and entertainer who performs at parties and corporate events where he uses his physic talents.
Sidney Friedman reveals on his website that he has "credibility of a documented track record of a 72% accuracy." A few of these predictions are:
- He foretold Jennifer Aniston's engagement in 2012, as predicted on FOX TV.
- In 2013, Friedman said that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West would get engaged.
- He predicted in 2016 that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would get engaged and that it might happen a few days before New Year's Eve.
- He's accurately predicted 92% of Academy Award Winners to date.
- For 2020, he predicted "pillow fights in the news" which can now be interpreted as the involvement of My Pillow founder Mike Lindell's involvement in the claims of fraudulent elections that year.
In 2016, Friedman predicted new evidence would surface regarding Marilyn Monroe's death, giving credence to speculation it was a murder. That didn't happen. However, it's interesting that Marilyn was resurrected in the media in 2016 when the dress she wore to sing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" sold for $4.8 million.
He predicted that summer 2021 would be the Summer of Love... and that does not appear to have been the case.
Lifetime TV named celebrity psychic Michelle Whitedove as America's top psychic after she won America's Psychic Challenge. Michelle publishes predictions on her blog regularly. She's also anti-COVID vaccine and vocally right-leaning, and that makes its way into many of her predictions, so definitely worth keeping in mind.
When a prediction comes true, Michelle usually returns to it on the blog, noting it was correct and making a comment. Some examples include:
Several predictions from Michelle Whitedove did not come to pass. Some examples of incorrect predictions she made in late 2016 for 2017 include:
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi will split.
- Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth's marriage will end.
- Katie Holmes will marry Jamie Fox.
The Illusion of Time
While reading celebrity predictions can be fun, and celebrity psychics provide some out-of-this-world entertainment, skeptics are convinced when a psychic is right, it's just a coincidence. However, even Albert Einstein once wrote that "the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."