Houston's haunted attraction, Phobia offers the best three scary houses for visitors to get their horror fill. Voted as Scariest Haunted House Attraction in Texas. In addition, national publications, such as USA Today and Haunt Magazine voted Phobia as the Nation's Top Haunt. Phobia continues to outdo itself each year with new frightening additions to their three haunted house attractions.
Three Haunted Houses and Various Attractions
Phobia's features three haunted houses with all manner of monsters, such as zombies, crazed doctors, and insane murderous patients. A total of six attractions fill Phobia's ScreamPark, including Mania, Darke Institute, Dawn of the Machine, Genetic Nightmare, Mind Control, and Exile. Each house takes 15 minutes to tour.
The three houses include:
- Savage Ground: The contaminated are crazed and rioting.
- Contagion: Darkelab's experiment got out of control and the result is a house of zombies scaring all who dare to enter. Insane doctors and patients around every cornered this a terrifying tour.
- DarkeWorld: Dr. Phylo Darke's Packing plant is where visitors find the living fat and of course lots of blood lust and starving zombies.
Plan Your Visit
The attractions are seasonal and open around Halloween. You should check the hours and dates since these will change each Halloween season.
- Where: Phobia is located on 5250 South Sam Houston Pkwy East, Houston, TX
- When: Phobia is open on weekends from late September to the end of October (check site for exact dates)
- Admission: $15 per person
- Contact: (713) 526-3323
Houston Terror Dome
The haunted house attraction, Houston Terror Dome has room after room, special effects and an array of monsters. It's so scary that parents are advised not to bring children under 12. Paintball, music and chainsaw crazies are just a few of the attractions and activities you can join in as the Houston Terror Dome.
Plan Your Trip
The Houston Terror Dome is just outside Houston city limits. Make plans to visit early to avoid large crowds.
- Where: 16030 East Freeway, Channelview, TX 77530
- When: Weekend late September to the first weekend November, Halloween Even, and Halloween. (Check website for dates and times)
- Admission: $20. $30 VIP fast passes, additional $10 to participate in a zombie paintball fight. $5 senior discount (60+) and $5 military discount.
- Contact: (281)-864-9686
Houston Scream Fest features haunted houses, Castle of Doom, Sanitarium and Texas Chainsaw Maze. You can also enjoy a haunted festival. Offering 10 attractions, the Houston Scream Fest has a lot to offer, including an outdoor stage with a live concert, DJ and dance floor, big screen horror movies, carnival games, food/drink (all drinks free), scary characters wandering about looking for photo opportunities with guests and a zombie paintball fight.
- Where: 1500 Elton St, Houston, TX 77034
- When: Second week in October through October 31, Thursday through Sunday and October 29, 30 and 31.
- Admission: $40 per person (weekdays), $50 (weekend), select nights military, police and firemen Free!
- Contact: Via online form
Creepy Hollow Haunted House
The Creepy Hollow Haunted House receives rave reviews on value and scare level. Visitors can enjoy three dark and scary attractions as well as the year-round escape room, The Lab, but only if you're brave enough to try it!
- 288 Scare Factory: An abandoned genetic experimental feral hog location known as 288 Scare Factory gone wrong. A virus escaped and the staff is now dead, well, they're zombies.
- Dark Woods: A dumping ground for toxic waste, the locals are grotesque mutants. Beware of the creepy disfigured caretaker.
- Pitch Black: The facility houses the human test subjects that failed.
- Escape Room: The Lab is open year-round Wednesday through Sunday.
Plan Your Visit
While the haunted attractions are seasonal, you may want to schedule a visit to The Lab during the year. You can always take in The Lab during your Halloween visit if you prefer.
- Where: Just outside South Texas at 12872 Valley Vista Dr, Rosharon, TX 77583
- When: One weekend month February, April, July, and every Friday and Saturday end of September to the first weekend in November (check website for dates)
- Admission: $30 Per Person, +$10 Speed Pass
- Contact: email@example.com
This haunted house features five attractions. Scream World lives up to its name, guaranteeing you'll end up screaming by the time you've toured the haunted houses compound. It was voted #1 Houston haunted house by Houston Chronicle and Houston Press, and MSNBC declared it one of the top 13 Haunts in America.
- Edge of Darkness: A hospital, furnace room, morgue, and prison death row await anyone venturing into this haunted attraction.
- Jake's Slaughterhouse: The macabre meat processing plant will take guts to get through it.
- Voodoo Swamp: This swamp has all manner of swamp monsters, snakes and other frightening surprises.
- Maze of Maniacs: You might enjoy escaping outside until you run into the maze that's filled with where maniacal clowns with strobe lights are hidden.
- Zombie Graveyard: If you can get away from the crazed clowns and avoid returning to the Voodoo Swamp, you might stumble into the bog filled with unfortunate zombies caught in the Vortex Tunnel.
Plan Your Trip
You'll want to make sure you take in all the attractions at this haunted house. Plan ahead so you have enough time to see everything there is to see.
- Where: 2225 North Sam Houston Pkwy W, Houston, TX 77038
- When: Weekends late September to first weekend November.
- Admission: $32 per person, $42 fast pass, $29 online
- Contact: (713) 914-1313
Finding the Best Haunted Attractions in Houston
There are several outstanding and award-winning haunted house attractions in Houston. Some are just outside the city limits and draw a large crowd every year.