Do you have a rather specifically shaped birthmark? Perhaps it looks like a heart, a fish, or something else. If so, are you seeing something in nothing, or could your birthmark provide more insight into who you are as a soul? Sometimes, people are born with a psychic imprint that shows up on their skin in the form of a birthmark. These birthmarks may be specifically shaped and located. So, to learn more about yourself, you need to find out more about your birthmark shape meaning.
What Do Your Birthmarks Mean?
Moleomancy, the art of divination by moles is a form of maculomancy, which is the art of divination using birthmarks. Like other birthmarks, moles determine the life path, luck, finances, and relationships of the person. A hidden mole is the luckiest kind, while the mixed color moles may be less fortuitous.
The birthmarks and moles can come in any shape, from animal totems to symbols of love.
- Hearts - These are the most loved birthmark. They are a symbol of universal love.
- Animal totems - These are animal shaped marks, and their meaning depends on the animal.
- Sacred geometry patterns - When a sacred geometric pattern appears as a birthmark, the child is believed to be from angelic realms.
There are many interpretations given for the coloration of a birthmark. Some are fortuitous while others are foreboding.
- Brown - These are considered an auspicious omen for a successful and bountiful life.
- Blue/gray - This birthmark resembles a bruise and is believed the result of a slap in an attempt to encourage the infant to subject to birth.
- Red - This color is often called a strawberry birthmark and marks someone stubborn and opinionated.
- Port wine stain - This birthmark can range from pink or red to purple. It is a badge of reincarnation, reminding the person of having died in a fire.
- White - This is a mark of having been burned or wounded in a previous life.
Birthmark Location Meanings
These birthmarks and moles may have different meanings for different locations.
- Forehead - Different meanings depending on its location:
- Right - you have great intelligence and will succeed in your education and career
- Left - you are extravagant and irresponsible
- Center - you will have many relationships
- Neck - Success in life with a great deal of responsibility
- Buttocks - Mean different things for men and women; provide information about lifestyle and love life
- Back - Open to new ideas
- Leg - Lack of independence; the Chinese believe a birthmark on the inner thigh indicates a predisposition to wealth
- Eye - Stab or bullet to the eye caused your death in a previous life
- Face - Marked/destined for success and possibly fame
- Mouth - Great wealth
- Hand - Highly independent; may have a talent that requires the use of hands
- Stomach - A big appetite for material things
- Angel kiss - Cherished by heaven and bestowed with great talents and gifts
- Stork bite - High intellect and a big capacity to love
No Birthmarks Meaning
Most people have some kind of birthmark, however small, but some people don't have a single birthmark. There are a few meanings for this absence of birthmark. The first is obvious - it is the person's first incarnation, although unlikely. The next meaning is the person exited their last life from natural causes. The last meaning is the most profound. If no birthmarks are present, the person has spiritually evolved enough so they no longer carry the trauma of past lives.
Causes of Psychic Birthmarks
Birthmarks can have many causes. Past life trauma, special abilities, and being possessed are just a few.
Dr. Ian Stevenson pioneered work with children that remembered their past lives. He discovered many of them had markings or birthmarks that corresponded to their cause of death in a previous life.
Starseed or Indigo, Crystal, or Rainbow Child
Many people believe children being born since the 1980s have special traits that make them the next level of human evolution. These children are known as indigo kids, crystal children, or rainbow children. Other children, known as starseeds, are believed to have had incarnations on other planets. These people may have special abilities, such as psychic visions and healing powers.
Many of these children have prominent birthmarks. Not all have them, but many have birthmarks on their foreheads or in a prominent place on their body.
Many people believe birthmarks are omens that portend of the future, a belief that crosses many cultures. According to popular belief, the size, shape, and location of a birthmark may provide insight into one's life path, luck, finances, and relationships.
Cultural and Religious Beliefs
Some cultures have beliefs about birthmarks that may have a psychic origin.
- In Japan, women were advised to not stare at a fire or their child would be burned, resulting in a birthmark.
- Some cultures believe that if one has a birthmark, it foretells that he or she will die young or suddenly.
- Some Europeans believe touching people who have birthmarks will bring them good luck.
- In the Chinese culture, people believe birthmarks predict what type of future the person will have based on size, shape, and location.
- In one recent case in India, a woman was stigmatized for a birthmark because people believed it proved she was possessed.
- People didn't always believe birthmarks were positive. Many considered them devil's marks and during the Salem witch trials, they were considered proof one was a witch.
Explore Birthmark Meanings
Many people have birthmarks, and some have many. These marks could provide information about that person and their past lives or destiny.